This week, a county adjoining Lancaster is getting an emergency room unit dedicated to psychiatric patients. The Psychiatric Emergency Department with 10 private treatment rooms will be part of the larger emergency department at Reading Hospital in Berks County, and will... READ MORE.
People in need of emergency mental healthcare now have a designated place to go for treatment in Berks County. Reading Health System opened a psychiatric emergency department in its new HealthPlex in West Reading on Tuesday. "Mental health is... READ MORE.
Reading HealthPlex for Advanced Surgical & Patient Care will open 150 new patient rooms on five floors on Tuesday. The lower levels of the $345 million Reading HealthPlex, which is adjacent to Reading Hospital in West Reading, opened... READ MORE.
Join us for a free community open house on Saturday, October 15, for the official dedication and ceremonial ribbon cutting on the grounds of the all-new Reading HealthPlex. This 476,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility is one of the region’s most technologically advanced and sophisticated surgical and patient care centers in the region and you’re invited to get a firsthand look into everything it has to offer!
OPEN HOUSE EVENT DETAILS
When: Saturday, October 15, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: 423 South Seventh Avenue, West Reading
Info: No RSVP required. For more information, call 484-628-HELP (4357).
- Self-parking available in 7th Avenue Garage; enter 7th Avenue from Spruce Street
- Handicapped accessible parking in Scottish Rites parking lot; enter 7th Avenue from Parkside Drive North
- Free parking with shuttle to Reading HealthPlex; park in Vanity Fair Outlet remote lot off Park Road behind Willoughby’s on Park
PLEASE NOTE: 7th Avenue will be CLOSED between Spruce Street and Parkside Drive North on Saturday, October 15.
OPEN HOUSE FESTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Self-guided Tours of Reading HealthPlex
- Entertainment by Local Community Groups
- Healthy Refreshments
- Ambulance Tours
- Meet the PennStar Helicopter Pilots
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Bicycle Helmet and Car Seat Safety
Explore the ease, convenience, technology, compassionate care, and comfort available at our new Reading HealthPlex for Advanced Surgical & Patient Care.
Reading HealthPlex for Advanced Surgical & Patient Care is a 476,000 square foot surgical and inpatient tower that includes seven patient-care levels and combines the hospital’s many surgical services into one of the most technologically advanced and sophisticated surgical centers in the region. The new facility adds surgical suites, private patient rooms, and an eco-friendly Green Roof while paving the way for the existing Emergency Department and Trauma Center to be expanded by 17,500 square feet.
- Reading HealthPlex A to Z – all the details on the HealthPlex’s many groundbreaking features
- Getting There – navigating to the HealthPlex
- Getting Around – easy, step-by-step instructions to find your destination inside the HealthPlex